I am a brand strategist with more than 10 years of planning experience.
I believe brands have the awe-inspiring power to shape and influence our socio-cultural environment. But to do so, they must battle for relevance everyday. I help brands thrive in an increasingly complex, multicultural, digital world.
I joined Upshot in 2017 to lead strategic planning on all total market efforts for Constellation’s portfolio of premium beer brands: Corona, Modelo, Pacifico and Victoria. After a career of ATL planning, this post added BTL skills needed to be a fully-rounded planner. Responsibilities included strategic guidance for packaging design, POS signage, promotions, and sponsorships.
In 2013, I joined Leo Burnett to help bring cultural relevance to legacy Kellogg’s brands. By 2016, I was promoted to work on the global Samsung business. In this capacity, I worked as a social media strategist.
At DDB Chicago I developed strategic platforms and helped drive creative for some award-winning work on McDonald’s, the U.S. Department of Veteran Affairs, and Ad Council. Prior to DDB, I was a strategist at Bromley, a pioneer in Hispanic advertising that ultimately became one of the nation’s largest Hispanic agencies.
Throughout my career I have worked at small start-up agencies as well as global general market agencies. I’ve had the privilege of working on brands across a several product categories —from many of America’s favorite childhood cereals, to domestic beer, burgers and automotive.
Please feel free to reach out with opportunities at email@example.com or (312) 618-7171.
• Directed retail activations and total market promotions for top Mexican beer brands
• Repositioned and strategized the relaunch of two iconic Kellogg’s brands
• Led research and strategy to develop of a successful recruitment campaign for the Office of Veteran Affairs
• Led strategy and positioning to launch highly successful McCafé brands
• Responsible for briefs and briefing traditional media and digital teams
• Championed brands by ensuring agency and partners stay true to the brand’s purpose and idea
• Planned workshops to orchestrate integrated campaign experiences and brand purpose
• Managed research design, analysis, and presentation of findings to agency and brand teams
• Authored timely thought leadership pieces, trend spotting decks, and POVs
Below you'll find and overview of my planning process and a few tools I draw from to understand how human behavior affects brands and services.
The INVESTIGATE Phase is a human-centered opportunity that deep dives into the 360 environment that surrounds the problem or issue at hand.
Consumer: Insight Springboards, User Profiles, Experience/Journey Mapping, etc.
Culture: Socio-cultural Fuel, Consumer & Digital Trends, Social Media Listening
Company/Brand: Archetypes, Purpose Workshops, Brand Frameworks, Positioning, Messaging, Product Naming
Competitor Advertising: Competitive Reviews, Whitespace Mapping
Below are a few framework tools used to curate insights and explore positioning territories for the planning process.
• HBX Disruption Strategy (@ Harvard Business School Online)
• Creative writting (@ Malcom Gladwell’s Masterclass)
• Photography (@ Stack Skills Online Learning)
• Experience Design for Physical Space (@ General Assembly)
• Design Thinking Bootcamp (@ General Assembly)
• Communicating Creatively Through Storytelling (@ Second City)
• Speak to be Heard: Communicating with Influence (@ Stacy Hank Inc.)
• Contribtor to Legal Aliens Podcast
• Gifted my voice to VocaliD, a human voicebank
• Bilingual and poly-cultural
• Born in Chicago’s ‘Little Village’
• Focused curiosity keeps me going
• Interests: Travel, Photography, and Cooking